The Real Island Food Company is a partnership run by Calbourne Classics and the Dairy Deli. We want to provide you with the kind of service that we would expect when shopping online, so if you have any questions, suggestions or complaints, please contact us on 01983 731778 or email@example.com.
Our Terms and Conditions specify the terms of your agreement with The Real Island Food Company (us, our or we), the use of our website (www.realislandfood.co.uk) and all orders that you make with us via our website or through other means. Please read these carefully as they affect your rights and liabilities under the law. By ordering via our website you agree to be bound by our Terms and Conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected. Our Terms and Conditions were last updated on 10th July 2007.
- In order to buy from us you must first register, known as ‘my account’. This is not a credit account and payment is required on delivery of goods.
- You must be a private customer to buy from us, and if you are a company or intend to resell or otherwise circulate the goods you buy for a commercial purpose, you must contact us to seek our written consent prior to placing any order.
- You must be aged over 18 years to register and buy from us.
- This agreement is personal to you and is not capable of being assigned or transferred to a third party.
- You must ensure that the details you provide are correct and up-to-date, and you must inform us immediately of any changes by updating your personal details.
- When you set-up an account, you will be asked to select a password. You must keep this password confidential and not disclose it or share it with anyone. You are responsible for all activities and orders that occur or are submitted under your password. If you suspect that anyone has access to your password you must contact us immediately. If we believe that there has been (or is likely to be) a breach of our Terms and Conditions or a misuse of our site, we may in our absolute discretion cancel or suspend your account without notice or require you to change your password. You can cancel this agreement at any time by informing us in writing. If you do so, you must stop using our website immediately.
- You may place an order via our online ordering system at any time after you have created an account.
- Transactions involving alcohol must take place during normal licensing hours.
- We will confirm acceptance of your order by either placing a message on the website or by sending an email. We may do both, and in which case the acceptance will occur on whichever arrives sooner. At this point the purchase contract is made and we will supply you with the goods in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
- When we accept an order we will do all that we can to fulfil that order. However, products are subject to availability and market conditions and we do not always know that a product will be available at the time of accepting an order. If we are unable to deliver an item we will inform you and remove it from your order. If you have already paid, we will refund you the price. We shall not be liable for any losses sustained as a result of the unavailability of products.
- Where items are ordered and sold individually by weight the price of these items (expressed per kilogram or other appropriate unit of measurement) will be the price on the date that they are weighed. Although we have an indicative weight guide on the website, this is merely to assist your planning and the price you will be charged is the price for the actual weight you receive.
- Whilst we take every care in the preparation of the content of our website, orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on our website.
- The prices stated on our website will be inclusive of VAT (where applicable).
- There is a minimum order value of £20 calculated on the value at the time of ordering. This does not include the standard service charge which is £3.95, payable for selection, packing and delivery, and which will be added to the order value at the time of payment. The service charge is applicable for orders for any destination and delivery method.
- Ordering a product from us carries with it the obligation to pay for it unless we receive from you a cancellation of or change to your orders before the deadlines published on the website. We are also happy to inform you of these deadlines by telephone if you wish to call us. You remain responsible for ensuring that any such change or cancellation is received by us in time for the deadline. We reserve the right to deliver and charge in full for any order unless we have received notice of cancellation before the published deadline. This deadline is important since, typically, we make up the deliveries for despatch to you the day before delivery and obtain some of the products especially to fulfil your order and may not be able to sell the products elsewhere. Any payments you have made for orders which have been properly cancelled will be re-credited to you.
- Payment must be made on the day of delivery to cover the cost of all goods ordered and any alternative goods as well as the service charge.
- The debit and credit cards accepted by us are those listed on our website at the date at which your order is placed.
- We use Protx to process our customers payments. Protx provide secure online credit card and debit card payment solutions for thousands of online and mail order businesses across the UK. Protx have grown to become the largest independent Payment Service Provider in the country. Find out more about Protx (hyperlink)
- You agree to compensate us in full against all reasonable costs expenses and outgoings incurred by us in obtaining payments from you in the event a failed payment occurs. This will include an administration charge of not less than £20. We may at any time after a failed payment has occurred ask a debt collection agency to collect payment from you.
- Goods are subject to availability and prevailing market conditions. If any goods you wish to purchase are not available, we will try to offer you 'alternative goods' similar to the goods you have requested, which may be a different price. Please note we will attempt to deliver substitute products should selected products be unavailable unless you request us not to do so.
- You do not have to accept the alternative goods offered by us. Acceptance or rejection of any alternative goods does not occur until you have the opportunity to inspect them at the time of delivery.
- The law places restrictions on us for transactions involving alcohol, which must be delivered during our licensed hours. It is your responsibility to ensure that a suitable person over the age of 18 is available to receive your order during the agreed delivery slot. Should you fail to be present for your delivery we are entitled to charge you in full for an amount equal to the price of perishable items contained in your order and the cost of delivery.
- Delivery will be made to the address specified by you when you register on the website.
- You are responsible for making suitable arrangements to receive, inspect and sign for your delivery and giving us appropriate instructions where necessary. In the event that your delivery is stolen from your doorstep or damaged while there, we do not accept liability, although we may offer compensation at our absolute discretion. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the goods after they have been delivered and signed for. We reserve the right to refuse to accept orders from any customer; considerations of delivery problems may give rise to such a refusal.
- Delivery on the Isle of Wight will be by our own van service, and delivery to destinations outside of the Isle of Wight will be by courier service. An additional delivery charge will be levied for mainland courier delivery. Details of these charges are on the ‘checkout’ and ‘delivery’ sections of the online shop.
- We endeavour to keep your delivery day the same, but we reserve the right to change it temporarily or permanently and will tell you if we do so.
- If we are unable to deliver to you, or have to deliver late, for reasons beyond our control, for example adverse weather conditions, strike actions, vehicle breakdown, traffic congestion or supplier failure, we do not accept liability for any inconvenience or loss this causes. We will not, of course, charge for goods unless or until we have delivered them to you.
- Food goods are supplied at a temperature appropriate to that food.
- If whilst inspecting the goods at the time of delivery, you identify goods you do not want, you are free to decline any product delivered by your driver for any reason (including the price on delivery). You can return them to the driver and ask him or her to take them away.
- Any goods you return to our driver will be automatically refunded to the credit or debit card used to make the payment on account and shown as a refund on the next payment card statement. We are reliant upon your bank for the speed of any refund. Refunds usually take approximately 7 working days to reach your account.
- You must inspect the goods and notify us promptly in writing, by phoning or emailing us of any dissatisfaction with your order. We will promptly and fully refund the price of any goods that do not meet with your reasonable satisfaction or arrange for the delivery of replacement goods, provided that you notify us within 7 days of delivery of the goods. We will arrange with you for the goods to be returned to us.
- We will not accept any further claims for loss from or in connection with the supply of faulty goods, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, howsoever arising.
- We respect your privacy. The personal information that you give us is held with care and security. We do not sell, rent or transfer this information to third parties for their marketing purposes unless you agree otherwise.
- We would like to contact you occasionally with details of products, services and special offers from us that may interest you. By registering with us, you accept that your email address and other details provided may be used to supply you with such information. Customers wishing to change this can do so when registering or by updating their account.
- Please note that some telephone calls may be recorded.
- The name ‘The Real Island Food Company’, associated logos and the domain name and content of our website www.realislandfood.co.uk are the intellectual property of Calbourne Classics trading as The Real Island Food Company. You may retrieve and display the content of our website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on a disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own personal, non-commercial, use provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute or use for commercial purposes any of the materials or content on our website without our written permission.
- We make no claims that the website will meet your requirements and we cannot guarantee that the service will be fault free. If a fault occurs please report it to us and we will correct it as soon as reasonably possible. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using our website.
- Our website includes links to other websites or material which is beyond our control. We cannot accept liability in respect of the use of these websites.
- You may not use our website for disseminating any material or other purpose which constitutes a criminal offence or which gives rise to civil liability.
- You agree to indemnify us against all reasonable losses, liabilities, costs and expenses incurred in connection with any claim brought against us or other fine or penalty imposed upon us arising out of your failure to comply with our Terms and Conditions.
- Our Terms and Conditions and the documents produced in accordance with it comprise the entire agreement between you and The Real Island Food Company regarding each order which concludes in a contract. English law is the governing law of each contract.
- We reserve the right to alter or withdraw our online service at any time, to refuse the service to any customer and to amend our Terms and Conditions and the 'help' section of this site at any time. If we update our Terms and Conditions, any changes will be notified to you via the e-mail address provided or via a suitable announcement on our website.
- We suggest that you print off a copy of our Terms and Conditions for your reference.